Saturday, January 9, 2010

Valentine Tic Tac Toe
























I bought some of these metal tins from the SU! clearance rack, didn't know what to do with them so I looked on Splitcoaststampers. It's not an idea that I came up with, but thought that it rocked, making a tic tac toe board that can travel with you, someone also made up a matching game to, see end of post for these examples.
All supplies Stampin Up! unless noted.
The tic tac toe DSP is real red from a level 1 pack from a couple years ago, I used my Xyron to make it all sticky and adherred, then drew a grid.
The DSP used on the outside is from We R Memory Keepers and it's called "Darling", again adhered it to the tin with the Xyron, then sanded down the edges, put on a coat of Modge Podge
I used my Crop a dile to punch holes in the tin, and threaded through some real red grosgrain ribbon.
My game pieces are real red & regal rose, I used the new stamp set, i {Heart} Hearts, and the punch heart to heart, laminated them, and then glued on a piece of magnet. Of course I made a Spiderman one too
Splitcoast examples here example1, example2,

2 comments:

wild4blue said...

This totally rocks! Great for travel with the kids too. I've got some of these tins too...now I know what to do with them. TFS

K T said...

very cute idea!! thanks for sharing it :)